Dear Mr. Tan,
I have taken medical insurance for my daughter since she was a baby. There was no claim for more than 10 years.
Recently, we discovered that she was suffering from a serious medical condition. The insurance company X rejected the claim as the medical condition was congenital. We feel that this is most unfair. What is your advice?
I suggest that you bring this this matter up to the senior management of X. You can point out that this illness was discovered more than 10 years after the policy was taken up. Due to the long lapse of time, it may not be fair for them to apply the congenital clause.
Perhaps you can ask them to get their doctor to certify that the illness is really congenital and should be excluded.
If they do not give you a satisfactory explanation, you can lodge a complaint with the Financial Dispute Resolution Center: http://www.fidrec.com.sg/website/faq.html
I wish to extend my sympathies on your predicament, first on this unexpected illness and second on the rejection of the claim. I hope that the senior management of X will take a sympathetic view. I wish you all the best.
- ► 2013 (306)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
01/06 - 01/13
- A Message by George Carlin
- Crisis in health care?
- Time to enter the market?
- Hide! Here Comes the Insurance Guy
- Amazing Numbers - on cards
- Lesson in Money Management
- Term Insurance to age 90
- Private Credit Counselling Service
- Charges under a investment linked policy
- Insure big loss with small chance of occurring
- Medical insurance for Pensioner
- Tips on financial planning
- Get adequate life insurance on your life first
- Late notification of an motor accident
- Whole life policies
- American Humour
- Primary election in the USA
- Mortality charge under a ILP
- Insurance for a child born premature
- Premature birth
- Congenital disorder
- Improve the Singapore MRT system
- Public Transport Guide
- Insuring a risk
- Secret Formula
- High charges on regular premium ILP
- Rejection of medical claim - congenital condition
- Sudoku Challenge - Preliminary Round
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Disability income insurance
- Personal savings for your retirement
- Technique to solve Logic Quiz E-1
- Logic Quiz E-1
- Low cost Term Insurance
- Low cost insurance and funds
- People will buy insurance
- Low cost funds
- Low cost Personal Accident
- Big change in Taiwan over 32 years
- ▼ 01/06 - 01/13 (39)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)