Dear Mr. Tan,
Please give your comment on this article:
Don't expect another bull market
Stock returns may never be the same - at least for this generation of investors.
The author said that for the past 20 years of the bull market, the stock market produced a return of 19% per year. He does not expect this kind of return in the future.
Over a longer period of 56 years, the stock market return was 9% per year.
For the future, the author said that he is reasonably confident that "stocks are likely to outperform high-quality bonds in the long term" 30-year Treasuries now yield about 4.5%.
I agree with the author. I expect stocks to yield about 6% in the future. I have indicated this as the likely return for the future. This is better than bonds, and is more suitable for a long term investor.
- ► 2013 (302)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
03/02 - 03/09
- Poll: Preferred type of term insurance
- Subprime losses could reach USD 400 billion
- High charges
- Credit card debt
- Earnings of Global Insurers
- Growth Policy
- Selamat Datang
- Term insurance with income benefit
- Taxis Stands in Central Business District
- Finance Your Passion Workshop
- Consumers are dissatisfied with financial institut...
- Buying life insurance in Singapore
- Speculative investment
- Computing the yield
- How to invest in this environment?
- Yields on Singapore Government bonds
- How To Maximize our R & D Investments
- Questions on existing life insurance policies
- Low Cost Life Insurance Policy
- Accumulate short term savings in a bank account
- Poll: Saving for a child's education
- Fair remuneation for an adviser
- Charges on your Investment Linked Policy
- Poor cash value for this whole life plan
- Poor products and unethical sales techniques
- A very poor deal
- Poll: Attitude towards savings
- Article: Don't expect another bull market
- Poll on savings and insurance
- Life insurance for a child
- Lower premium on motor insurance
- Life policy taken by a parent
- Guaranteed renewability
- Coping with future increases in medical insurance
- Pay off a housing loan
- Earn a return of 6% to 24% a year
- Benchmark premium rates for Term Insurance
- Save for your future needs
- Value of Life Insurance
- Spread in Flexi-link
- ▼ 03/02 - 03/09 (41)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)