Dear Mr. Tan
I am informed that the premium rate on Medishield increases with age, and may be subject to future revision. Is there a medical insurance plan that offers a guaranteed rate of premium? I am willing to pay a higher premium now, so that I do not have to incur future increases.
It is not possible for the insurance company to gurantee the future premium rates, as they are subject to the future increases in medical expenses, which cannot be predicted or controlled.
A similar situation is with the cost of living. It is not possible for the Government to guarantee you the prices of basic necessities in the future, as they are subject to the market situation.
You can manage the future increases as follows:
1. Leave sufficient savings in the Medisave account to pay the higher premium at older ages.
2. Be prepared to downgrade to a cheaper insurance plan when you get older
3. Do not spend your Medisave for expensive insurance plans that you do not need.
4. Stay healthy.
- ► 2013 (310)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
03/02 - 03/09
- Poll: Preferred type of term insurance
- Subprime losses could reach USD 400 billion
- High charges
- Credit card debt
- Earnings of Global Insurers
- Growth Policy
- Selamat Datang
- Term insurance with income benefit
- Taxis Stands in Central Business District
- Finance Your Passion Workshop
- Consumers are dissatisfied with financial institut...
- Buying life insurance in Singapore
- Speculative investment
- Computing the yield
- How to invest in this environment?
- Yields on Singapore Government bonds
- How To Maximize our R & D Investments
- Questions on existing life insurance policies
- Low Cost Life Insurance Policy
- Accumulate short term savings in a bank account
- Poll: Saving for a child's education
- Fair remuneation for an adviser
- Charges on your Investment Linked Policy
- Poor cash value for this whole life plan
- Poor products and unethical sales techniques
- A very poor deal
- Poll: Attitude towards savings
- Article: Don't expect another bull market
- Poll on savings and insurance
- Life insurance for a child
- Lower premium on motor insurance
- Life policy taken by a parent
- Guaranteed renewability
- Coping with future increases in medical insurance
- Pay off a housing loan
- Earn a return of 6% to 24% a year
- Benchmark premium rates for Term Insurance
- Save for your future needs
- Value of Life Insurance
- Spread in Flexi-link
- ▼ 03/02 - 03/09 (41)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)