Someone asked me to explain about the impact of non-disclosure of pre-existing condition on medical insurance.
Under the contract, the insurance company has the right to reject a claim due to the non-disclosure of a pre-existing condition. They are likey to reject the claim, even if the non-disclosure was unintended, namely the policyholder was not aware about it.
What is pre-existing is also a matter of judgement. Most medical conditions can be traced to be pre-existing. For example, if the patient has a high cholesterol and does not disclose it, the insurance company may reject a claim that is related to this condition.
As a person grows older, most illnesses are likely to have some pre-existing connection. It is quite unfair for the insurance company to reject a claim on flimsy grounds. From my experience, many insurance companies in Singapore are quick quick to find a reason to reject a claim.
Hence, it is very important that you choose an insurance company that you can trust, and take act fairly in the interest of their policyholders. Unfortunately, many insurance companies are too driven by their profits and are willing to sacrifice the trust of their policyholders.
Consumer protection in Singapore is weak. Consumers are not willing to fight for their right in a court of law, as the legal cost is high.
- ► 2013 (306)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
07/20 - 07/27
- Joke: Count the legs
- How to improve the traffic flow at CTE
- High charges for ILP products
- Life annuity with capital protection
- Difficult to time the market
- Improve public transport in Singapore
- Did you buy a high cost ILP?
- Joke: A lawyer sleep in the barn
- Low return for 10 years
- 4 months to settle a claim
- Become sales oriented and may tell lies
- How to get a good deal on life insurance
- Minimum wage in USA
- Financial Planning Tips
- Get ready for the hard times
- Unjustified increase in premium for motor insuranc...
- Invest in Foreign Currencies
- Complain about a poor deal
- Policyholder given a misleading figure
- Unethical conduct of insurance agent
- More uncertainty with private Shield
- Low cost insurance and investment funds
- Business ethics
- Identity card - lost & found
- Car insurance - where to get lower premium
- Non-disclosure and medical insurance
- Poor cash value
- Many policyholders give up their whole life polici...
- Bus services - express and feeder services
- Ownership of a life policy
- Unforgettable sight in Beijing
- Cost of Private Shield
- How banks lose the trust of their customers
- ▼ 07/20 - 07/27 (34)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)