Dear Mr. Tan,
My uncle (as policy holder) bought a life policy for his wife (as insured). If the policy holder passes away, does it mean that the ownership of the policy automatically transfers to his wife (the insured)? Or does it become a 'no ownership policy'. If it is the latter, who has the rights to deal with the policy, for instance, to take a policy loan/terminate it?
Your uncle is the owner of the policy. On his death, the policy becomes part of his estate and the administrator of the estate (which is usually his wife) can deal with the policy in any suitable way, such as taking a loan or terminating it.
Your uncle has the choice of transferring the policy to his wife now and write in his will to transfer the policy to the wife on his death.
- ► 2013 (314)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
07/20 - 07/27
- Joke: Count the legs
- How to improve the traffic flow at CTE
- High charges for ILP products
- Life annuity with capital protection
- Difficult to time the market
- Improve public transport in Singapore
- Did you buy a high cost ILP?
- Joke: A lawyer sleep in the barn
- Low return for 10 years
- 4 months to settle a claim
- Become sales oriented and may tell lies
- How to get a good deal on life insurance
- Minimum wage in USA
- Financial Planning Tips
- Get ready for the hard times
- Unjustified increase in premium for motor insuranc...
- Invest in Foreign Currencies
- Complain about a poor deal
- Policyholder given a misleading figure
- Unethical conduct of insurance agent
- More uncertainty with private Shield
- Low cost insurance and investment funds
- Business ethics
- Identity card - lost & found
- Car insurance - where to get lower premium
- Non-disclosure and medical insurance
- Poor cash value
- Many policyholders give up their whole life polici...
- Bus services - express and feeder services
- Ownership of a life policy
- Unforgettable sight in Beijing
- Cost of Private Shield
- How banks lose the trust of their customers
- ▼ 07/20 - 07/27 (34)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)