Dear Mr. Tan,
The government is also not supportive to the investors, even sacrifice the Town Councils $16 millions. Shall we appeal to The President of Singapore?
We conduct another petition which include the age of the investors, the amount invested and also the % of the investment compare to all their saving. To include the age is to let every Singaporeans and especially the government knows that those who are above age of 45 may not have another 20 or 30 years to accumulate the same amount of saving again. The % is to show every Singaporeans and especially the government that how important these amount of money is to us.
The few ten thousands that we have invested, though this maybe some people 1 or 2 months salary or the few hundred thousands that we have invested, though this maybe just a peanut to some people, BUT they are all accumulated by us, cents by cents, over many years of hard work and sweats.
The situation now is seems to be only the top down instruction from MAS/Govt will make FIs to compensate. These CDOs related credit –linked investments amounted to billions, it is definitely very difficult for the FIs to settle the compensation by themselves. (There may be more products bust.)
The MAS should hold some responsibility (approving these products) and thus the government should step in.
I wish to invite volunteers to step forward and lead this project. I need volunteers who are convinced that this is worth the effort.
I will not be able to handle this additional project, as I already have too many things to do.
- ► 2013 (300)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
11/30 - 12/07
- HK: Minibond investors to sue HSBC
- SCMP:Class- action lawsuit over minibonds to start...
- MAS seeks advice from senior counsel
- Auction Rate Securities
- China stimulates its economy
- Class action - update as at 4 Dec 2008
- SCMP:Illiterate minibond investor files writ
- Persist in our efforts
- Hong Kong: Can the SFC avoid a knee-jerk response?...
- SCMP:Lehman investors turn to US government
- Financial Advice for a Fee
- Minibond investor keen to take class action
- Speaker's Corner 6 December, 5 - 7 pm
- Mr. Brown show on TC investments
- Washing dirty linen in public
- Why we need to educate the people
- David Marshall in 1994
- Suffering from depression and mental illness
- Investors compensated in Belgium?
- Seek help from embassies
- Consumer speak against Opt Out Sales Tactics
- Thoughts for the Day - Ho Cheow Seng
- Appeal to the President of Singapore
- Legal action against the Issuers and Distributors
- Clash of events at Speakers Corner on 29 November
- Speech at Speaker's Corner on 29 Nov - video
- Speech at Speaker's Corner, 29 Nov 2008
- ▼ 11/30 - 12/07 (27)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)