From TKL: I have not been able to accuracy of this information yet.
Dear Mr. Tan
According to one writer, these type of products (ILPs) were designed and sold in the UK in the 1980's & 1990's. A super regulator was brought in called the FSA to clean up an industry that to date has paid compensation to investors in the UK who have lost money in the region of GBP 15,000,000,000 (billion) using these exact same products. That is why they are now 'offshore' so insurance companies can continue to sell these very profitable products in poorly regulated markets in Asia.
Now that they cannot sell in UK or US, they come to Asia and other developing markets like UAE to sell. A foreign insurer sells this plan in Singapore as an offshore product, and MAS is clearing not supervising these offshore insurers. They will bring great harm to our people.
Thanks for your help.
- ► 2013 (299)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
12/14 - 12/21
- Mis-selling of ILPs in the UK
- Letter of confidentiality
- California Governor order 2 day Unpaid Leave
- Cost of banks
- Survey by FISCA - Financial Services Consumer Asso...
- No claim discount on motor insurance
- Financial product has high penalty
- High charges in this investment-linked plan
- ProTrader - learn trading in a simulated environme...
- Survey - visitors to my blog
- Survey - Compensation on CLN
- Volunteers to help get 100,000 signatures
- Regular visitors to Tan Kin Lian's Blog
- US Lawyers Visiting Hong Kong
- HK Banks set up legal fund
- Buying a property - get a property report
- Investors of failed structured products to know ou...
- Encourage bank relationship managers to do the rig...
- MAS Ensures Progress in Complaints Resolution
- Bank RM has courage and integrity
- Offer of compensation
- SCMP:Lehman claims' bill HK$257m
- Financial advice
- Means testing for subsidised wards
- Downgrade to Medishield
- Fair charges on life insurance policy
- Fair compensation from insurance companies
- Search for a private property
- Offer of voluntary assistance
- Distributor can recover the compensation from the ...
- AsiaOne: Slip sliding into depression
- A crooked product or a crooked system?
- Helplines - for managing mental stress
- Coping with rising health care cost in Singapore
- Mental depression and suicide
- ERP and MRT in Singapore
- Video of my speech at Speaker's Corner - 13 Dec 20...
- Last Meeting on Speaker's Corner, 27 Dec 2008
- ▼ 12/14 - 12/21 (39)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)