By Michael B. Marois
Dec. 19 (Bloomberg) -- California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger may force all state workers to take two days of unpaid leave each month to conserve money amid a record budget deficit and a legislative impasse over how to fix it.
The furloughs would begin in February and would last through June 1010, according to labor union officials who said they were briefed by the administration earlier today.
This is an excellent way to deal with a downturn. Take unpaid leave, which applies to all employees!
- ► 2013 (306)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
12/14 - 12/21
- Mis-selling of ILPs in the UK
- Letter of confidentiality
- California Governor order 2 day Unpaid Leave
- Cost of banks
- Survey by FISCA - Financial Services Consumer Asso...
- No claim discount on motor insurance
- Financial product has high penalty
- High charges in this investment-linked plan
- ProTrader - learn trading in a simulated environme...
- Survey - visitors to my blog
- Survey - Compensation on CLN
- Volunteers to help get 100,000 signatures
- Regular visitors to Tan Kin Lian's Blog
- US Lawyers Visiting Hong Kong
- HK Banks set up legal fund
- Buying a property - get a property report
- Investors of failed structured products to know ou...
- Encourage bank relationship managers to do the rig...
- MAS Ensures Progress in Complaints Resolution
- Bank RM has courage and integrity
- Offer of compensation
- SCMP:Lehman claims' bill HK$257m
- Financial advice
- Means testing for subsidised wards
- Downgrade to Medishield
- Fair charges on life insurance policy
- Fair compensation from insurance companies
- Search for a private property
- Offer of voluntary assistance
- Distributor can recover the compensation from the ...
- AsiaOne: Slip sliding into depression
- A crooked product or a crooked system?
- Helplines - for managing mental stress
- Coping with rising health care cost in Singapore
- Mental depression and suicide
- ERP and MRT in Singapore
- Video of my speech at Speaker's Corner - 13 Dec 20...
- Last Meeting on Speaker's Corner, 27 Dec 2008
- ▼ 12/14 - 12/21 (39)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)