I wish to downgrade from a private Shield to Medishield. I have a lot of trouble with this request.
My enquiry to the insurance company was not properly answered. I was given a form to cancel my private Shield, but there was no mention about the downgrade to Medishield. I have to ask again for them to answer this question.
I search the CPF website. They said that the member can downgrade from a private Shield to Medishield at any time, but did not indicate how this can be done. I have to write to them for instructions - as I am not able to find the instructions in the website.
I prefer to be self-insured and pay out-of-pocket for my hospital charges. However, if the medical charges are very expensive, I can opt to be treated in a subsidised ward.
- ► 2013 (314)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
12/14 - 12/21
- Mis-selling of ILPs in the UK
- Letter of confidentiality
- California Governor order 2 day Unpaid Leave
- Cost of banks
- Survey by FISCA - Financial Services Consumer Asso...
- No claim discount on motor insurance
- Financial product has high penalty
- High charges in this investment-linked plan
- ProTrader - learn trading in a simulated environme...
- Survey - visitors to my blog
- Survey - Compensation on CLN
- Volunteers to help get 100,000 signatures
- Regular visitors to Tan Kin Lian's Blog
- US Lawyers Visiting Hong Kong
- HK Banks set up legal fund
- Buying a property - get a property report
- Investors of failed structured products to know ou...
- Encourage bank relationship managers to do the rig...
- MAS Ensures Progress in Complaints Resolution
- Bank RM has courage and integrity
- Offer of compensation
- SCMP:Lehman claims' bill HK$257m
- Financial advice
- Means testing for subsidised wards
- Downgrade to Medishield
- Fair charges on life insurance policy
- Fair compensation from insurance companies
- Search for a private property
- Offer of voluntary assistance
- Distributor can recover the compensation from the ...
- AsiaOne: Slip sliding into depression
- A crooked product or a crooked system?
- Helplines - for managing mental stress
- Coping with rising health care cost in Singapore
- Mental depression and suicide
- ERP and MRT in Singapore
- Video of my speech at Speaker's Corner - 13 Dec 20...
- Last Meeting on Speaker's Corner, 27 Dec 2008
- ▼ 12/14 - 12/21 (39)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)