In his talk and the answers to questions from the floor, Dr. Boediono (Vice President Designate of Indonesia) said that decisions will be taken for the benefit and welfare of the people.
When asked about the policy on privatisation and the use of natural resources, he said that the key criteria is to improve efficiency and ensure that the outcome will be for the benefit of the ordinary people.
He also said that Indonesia has been transformed into a democratic country and that the recent general election has been completed peacefuly and fairly. The test of democracy is its ability to improve the lives of the people.
Indonesia has gone a long way in improving its governance structure to reflect the will of the people. Watch out for a printed copy of his talk, when it is reported in the mainstream newspapers.
- ► 2020 (765)
- ► 2019 (1839)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
07/26 - 08/02
- Re-build the trust in the integrity and reputation...
- Major US financial regulation initiatives
- TKL Sudoku - Challenging Puzzles
- SCMP:Mainland investors claim HK$500m loss on 'mis...
- The Asian Banker:SFC, HKMA and 16 banks reach agre...
- Travel Picks: Top 10 cities to visit with children
- FISCA Website
- NYT: In search of competent (and honest) advisers
- Great Eastern Life shows the way
- Great Eastern Announces One-time Redemption Offer ...
- SCMP:Investors set for legal fight over lost millions
- Features of life insurance policies
- Coops in focus in US healthcare debate
- Aging, inequity and poverty
- Expensive car park in Singapore
- Health care realities
- The Health Debate: At a Fever Pitch
- Permits required to appeal to the public for funds
- Petition to PM on credit linked note (6)
- Pelosi lashes out against insurance companies
- Promote the use of car sharing
- No parking space in HDB estates
- Online Donation towards Gathering on 22 August
- Waiting for the stockmarket to bottom
- BBC; Car insurance premiums rising
- Are you sure democracy cannot help you financially?
- 50% compensation for Minibond
- Company Y not wanting to pay out my insurance claims
- Gathering on 22 August at Hong Lim Park (2)
- Books and puzzles
- The Standard:Bank wiped out my $260m
- NJ sues Merrill Lynch over $300 mln stock purchase
- Work near your home
- For the benefit and welfare of the people
- Honesty in Politics
- What is the future for this country?
- Free market - success and failure
- Reuters: Investors dump brokers to go it alone online
- NY Times: Of banks and bonuses
- Lehman victims international/ planning for Sep. 15
- Why markets can't cure health care
- The Standard:61pc of minibond investors undecided ...
- TODAY:We should follow HK's example ; Protect indi...
- Honesty and fairness
- SCMP:Monetary Authority director clarifies minibon...
- Advice on individual shares
- Pensioner Health Benefits
- Interest rate on 25 July 2009
- Winners of Intelligence Quiz and Name The Shape co...
- ▼ 07/26 - 08/02 (49)
- ► 2008 (2104)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)