Planning for the protests on the Lehman anniversary on Sep. 15 is progressing in Germany. We are actively discussing activities and locations in our forum here: http://lehmanschaden.19.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=2170 (all in German, sorry about that...)
We want to stage one or two larger events in Frankfurt (that's the banking center in Germany and that's where Lehman had their offices) and/or Düsseldorf (that's where Citibank Germany is headquartered, they sold 75% of all Lehman bonds to individual investors over here). Other cities may stage small events or vigils on that day, especially for people who cannot/will not travel. Many of the victims are elderly...
I would like to find out which other cities/countries are willing to co-ordinate a joint protest on Sep. 15. The aim is to maximize our joint press coverage and make clear that our fate is a global phenomenon and not just a local/regional aberration. The banks (and Lehman) screwed little people everywhere!!!
Please state which city/country you represent and how many people you could mobilize. Any city/country would do their own planning, we would just co-ordinate stuff like press releases and maybe some big banners.
Please forward this e-mail to anyone you know that represents Lehman victims in other places. As far as I know, we now have the following cities/countries on this distribution list:
- Hong Kong SAR
- Taiwan (?)
I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
LS from Germany
- ► 2013 (315)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
07/26 - 08/02
- Re-build the trust in the integrity and reputation...
- Major US financial regulation initiatives
- TKL Sudoku - Challenging Puzzles
- SCMP:Mainland investors claim HK$500m loss on 'mis...
- The Asian Banker:SFC, HKMA and 16 banks reach agre...
- Travel Picks: Top 10 cities to visit with children...
- FISCA Website
- NYT: In search of competent (and honest) advisers
- Great Eastern Life shows the way
- Great Eastern Announces One-time Redemption Offer ...
- SCMP:Investors set for legal fight over lost milli...
- Features of life insurance policies
- Coops in focus in US healthcare debate
- Aging, inequity and poverty
- Expensive car park in Singapore
- Health care realities
- The Health Debate: At a Fever Pitch
- Permits required to appeal to the public for funds...
- Petition to PM on credit linked note (6)
- Pelosi lashes out against insurance companies
- Promote the use of car sharing
- No parking space in HDB estates
- Online Donation towards Gathering on 22 August
- Waiting for the stockmarket to bottom
- BBC; Car insurance premiums rising
- Are you sure democracy cannot help you financially...
- 50% compensation for Minibond
- Company Y not wanting to pay out my insurance clai...
- Gathering on 22 August at Hong Lim Park (2)
- Books and puzzles
- The Standard:Bank wiped out my $260m
- NJ sues Merrill Lynch over $300 mln stock purchase...
- Work near your home
- For the benefit and welfare of the people
- Honesty in Politics
- What is the future for this country?
- Free market - success and failure
- Reuters: Investors dump brokers to go it alone onl...
- NY Times: Of banks and bonuses
- Lehman victims international/ planning for Sep. 15...
- Why markets can't cure health care
- The Standard:61pc of minibond investors undecided ...
- TODAY:We should follow HK's example ; Protect indi...
- Honesty and fairness
- SCMP:Monetary Authority director clarifies minibon...
- Advice on individual shares
- Pensioner Health Benefits
- Interest rate on 25 July 2009
- Winners of Intelligence Quiz and Name The Shape co...
- ▼ 07/26 - 08/02 (49)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)