I attended a talk given by Professor Dr. Boediono, Vice President Designate of Indonesia arranged by the Rajaratnam School of International Studies in Singapore.
One Singapore minister asked the question to Dr. Boediono, "What is your experience during the election campaign? How much of your success is due to hard politics and how much do to soft politics?" He used an Indonesian term to describe soft politics, which appealled to human emotions.
Dr. Boediono replied, "I do not know what is hard politics and what is soft politics. I only know what is correct politics, and that is being honest."
I like this answer. It confirms that politics does not have to be manipulating public opinion or the election process. It is possible to be honest and sincere and win over the trust of the people.
- ► 2019 (1280)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
07/26 - 08/02
- Re-build the trust in the integrity and reputation...
- Major US financial regulation initiatives
- TKL Sudoku - Challenging Puzzles
- SCMP:Mainland investors claim HK$500m loss on 'mis...
- The Asian Banker:SFC, HKMA and 16 banks reach agre...
- Travel Picks: Top 10 cities to visit with children...
- FISCA Website
- NYT: In search of competent (and honest) advisers
- Great Eastern Life shows the way
- Great Eastern Announces One-time Redemption Offer ...
- SCMP:Investors set for legal fight over lost milli...
- Features of life insurance policies
- Coops in focus in US healthcare debate
- Aging, inequity and poverty
- Expensive car park in Singapore
- Health care realities
- The Health Debate: At a Fever Pitch
- Permits required to appeal to the public for funds...
- Petition to PM on credit linked note (6)
- Pelosi lashes out against insurance companies
- Promote the use of car sharing
- No parking space in HDB estates
- Online Donation towards Gathering on 22 August
- Waiting for the stockmarket to bottom
- BBC; Car insurance premiums rising
- Are you sure democracy cannot help you financially...
- 50% compensation for Minibond
- Company Y not wanting to pay out my insurance clai...
- Gathering on 22 August at Hong Lim Park (2)
- Books and puzzles
- The Standard:Bank wiped out my $260m
- NJ sues Merrill Lynch over $300 mln stock purchase...
- Work near your home
- For the benefit and welfare of the people
- Honesty in Politics
- What is the future for this country?
- Free market - success and failure
- Reuters: Investors dump brokers to go it alone onl...
- NY Times: Of banks and bonuses
- Lehman victims international/ planning for Sep. 15...
- Why markets can't cure health care
- The Standard:61pc of minibond investors undecided ...
- TODAY:We should follow HK's example ; Protect indi...
- Honesty and fairness
- SCMP:Monetary Authority director clarifies minibon...
- Advice on individual shares
- Pensioner Health Benefits
- Interest rate on 25 July 2009
- Winners of Intelligence Quiz and Name The Shape co...
- ▼ 07/26 - 08/02 (49)
- ► 2008 (2104)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)