Saturday, August 01, 2009

FISCA Website

First posted on 26 July 2009

I wish to introduce you to the FISCA website.

It will be officially launched in 1 month's time through a media conference. Prior to the official launch, we welcome visitors and feedback. We are also able to take membership at an annual fee of $36 per year.

I invite you to be member of FISCA. At this time, we are providing information free to all vistors. So, as a member you are not getting anything extra benefit, except that it is an opportunity to show your support for this effort to raise the financial awareness, literacy and competency of consumers in Singapore.

At a later date, members will be entitled to discounts in participating in the educational and other activities of FISCA.

Do join now, to show your support and encouragement for the small handful of volunteers who are spending time to give a start to FISCA. We welcome more volunteers to come forward.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr Tan,

I read with great interest this proposed petition and various other parts of your blog website. Much of what has been written here has been "music to my ears". Let me explain why.

I have been a high-flying RM for a few years, and had sold Minibonds, Pinnacles, and Jubilees by the truck-loads. The sales commissions earned were top-dollar - heftier than anything else. But that's not the point I am trying to bring up.

The main point is that all of money is about purchasing power, and all purchasing power is relative. For example, if I have a million dollars but everyone else has a billion dollars each, I would feel darn rotten. Conversely, if I earned only a thousand dollars but everyone else earns ten cents each, I would actually feel quite good. Therefore, while the constant stream of my commission dollars had left me "grinning from ear-to-ear", the recent carnage as evidenced by comments on your blog has just been ... "music to my ears".

In any case, I am now a PB in one of the Swiss banks, and am looking forward to selling banking products that would not only allow investors to lose their entire principal investment amount, but actually bring the investors into negative territory / debt and have them owe the bank a ton of money.

Meanwhile, if you or anyone else is interested in Round Two, please do check out the link below. It's selling like hotcakes...

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601109&sid=aeTzfvEedKpQ

(I am not sure if you will be posting this comment on your blog, but if you do, please remind everyone that I am not trying to "rub salt into the wound". From my perspective, I am just "putting the icing on top of the cake".)

hongjun said...

I don't think many have a Paypal account.

Tan Kin Lian said...

I will ask the FISCA administrator to allow payment through internet banking or by cheque.

Anonymous said...

1.Hope FISCA can also provide clinic for those who just bought or about to buy an insurance product or an investemnt product.
2. Also to provide review and analysis for members
on their existing insurance policies and investment like ILPs and UTs. This is important because members may want to know whetehr they were conned or cheated inot buying these products. It will good for them to discover the mis-selling or wrong product earlier than to wait for 20 years down the road to find out , it will too late.
3.Hope FISCA is able to advise or provide legal service to take legal actions against insurance agents and bank RMs for mis-selling and other unethical practices.
We wish FISCA success and that it is able to play the role of watchdog and omsbudman .

Anonymous said...

In the wake of mis-selling FISCA role becomes important . It should provide the review to check for mois-selling

Blog Archive