Someone expressed the concern that the FISCA committee may include people working for the banks. He had his money burnt through the Mini-bond and does not trust people anymore (including FISCA).
There is no need for this worry. The people from the banks will not be interested to sit in the FISCA committee. Even if they personally support the aims of FISCA, they will not dare to be involved (for the sake of their jobs). Similarly, most financial advisers are not likely to support or be involved with FISCA.
At present, we only have a protem committee in FISCA, and some of these members do not wish to be in the limelight. This is a temporary situation. FISCA will have to call an election. The profile of the elected Committee members will be put up in the website after the election.
FISCA will have the other challenge. How to get the financial experts to be involved in the work. Do not think that all this information can drop easily from the sky. Consumers should support FISCA now, if they do not wish to see their money burnt again in the future.
Tan Kin Lian
- ► 2013 (299)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
08/30 - 09/06
- BBC: Insurance boss attacks fat cat pay
- A new society (3) - Raising a Family
- Health insurers reject claims
- Voilunteer for FISCA
- Loan insurance limit challenged
- Lack of transparency and fairness
- Research 2 - Meeting the Basic Needs of a Populati...
- Research 1 - Cost of Raising a Child
- Which government agency is responsible?
- Duty of the Government
- Wasteful marketing materials
- Values that define my character
- Yield of 0% for 21 years of premium
- Account of Gathering of 22 Aug 2009
- UK: Director of Land Banking Company Gets Seven Ye...
- Does land banking come under Collective Investment...
- Lower cost of living - the good old days
- A generous donor
- BBC: Millions make finance complaints
- A new society (2) - Distribution of work
- Will the PM or MAS agree to a meeting?
- Low cost airlines
- Quote: The worst is not behind us
- MAS defends the interest of financial institutions...
- Petition to Prime Minister - Reply by MAS
- Investors of Pinnacle Notes can get news from Lion...
- Survey: Lehman bonds
- A new society (1) - Right to a job on fair terms
- A fairer distribution of work
- Morgan Stanley, Moody,S&P must defend fraud claims...
- Cut in bonus
- Rejection from FIDREC
- Earthquake tremors in Jakarta
- An open mind
- Unexpected difficulty in connecting a flight
- Population of Jeddah
- The free market in Singapore
- Defamatory messages
- Really, who is highfalutin?
- Survey: FISCA needs volunteers
- Running the country
- Incidents at Changi Airport
- Survey results - blogs of political parties
- Survey: SMU Risk Management & Insurance
- Negative return from endowment policies
- Lost a job at 58
- High prices in Singapore
- FISCA - Choosing the people
- Future for cloud companies
- Telecommuting is a trend for the future
- Mecca - for Muslims only
- Shopping in Jeddah at midnight
- FISCA Committee
- ▼ 08/30 - 09/06 (53)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)