Several investors who have lost a lot of money on the mini-bonds, Pinnacle notes and other financial products have expressed the wish to see a stronger opposition contesting the next general election. I hope that these investors and other citizens who have been unfairly treated by our system, will do their part to make this happen.
I have met with the leaders and active members of our political parties and know the difficulties that they faced in finding the people and money for the contests. Many of the leaders have made big personal sacrifices in participating in politics to offer an alternative to our citizens. Some have lost their jobs and incomes and have sued in court. But they struggled on - in their fight for a more just and equal society, for democracy, freedom of speech and human rights, for jobs at adequate wages and a more affordable cost of living.
I want to introduce you to the Singapore Democratic Party and invite you to visit their website, www.yoursdp.org. Do spend some time to read and understand what they stand for, and what they are fighting for.
Some people have a negative opinion of Dr. Chee Soon Juan, due to past events and slanted coverage in the mainstream media. I have got to know Dr. Chee well in during the past two years. He is positive and sensible in his approach. He has a family with three young children. Like many ordinary citizens, they have to struggle financially to meet the high cost of living with an inadequate income stream. Dr. Chee and his family could have led a comfortable life by staying out of politics or migrating from Singapore.
I know that many people are afraid to be involved with an "opposition" political party. But if few people are willing to step forward, the situation in Singapore will continue to get worse for the ordinary people. There is one thing that you can do, in the background. You can make an anonymous donation to help any of the political party in this struggle. I urge you to step forward and be as generous as you.
Tan Kin Lian
- ► 2019 (1310)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
10/24 - 10/31
- I don't know what I am defending anymore
- Singapore General Election Portal 
- Keep server in full service
- Buy insurance that you really need
- Looking for a good life insurance policy?
- Don't combine protection needs
- Work on Saturday
- Server is now up
- Relative and absolute
- T-shirt for unemployed
- When Is Gambling an Addiction?
- Singapore is 17th most prosperous country: 1st or ...
- Both boon and bane
- Termination of Financial Adviser Reps
- Minister should set a good example on volunteerism...
- Employee training and the Internet
- Five levels of communication in a connected world
- My Money, Their Profits
- On Wall Street: All Reward, No Risk
- BT: Jittery developers go low-rise on confidence
- FISCA Talk - Invest for the Long Term ($10)
- Land banking and law firm
- Asking for my advice
- Unable to trust the agents
- Nourishing the poor
- Is Google a monopoly?
- Cheers to SDP
- Warren Buffett's Philosophy
- The Blind Girl
- Beware miracle cure claims
- Insurance for premature baby
- Should I continue my existing life policy?
- SDP needs your help to step up campaign
- $8 bypass operation
- Consumer needs advisers
- Minister's $8 bypass operation
- SM Goh and Term Insurance
- Goh Meng Seng and Election
- Issues for the general election
- What needs to be insured?
- More Singaporeans covered by health insurance
- Why mortgage insurance is so important
- Why insurers, agents may turn a deaf ear to SM Goh...
- Higher inflation and higher interest rate
- Getting Revenge Against Your Insurance Company
- Insurers' barriers to health protection
- Big banks and Europe
- Benchmark for deduction - life insurance policy
- Pain of higher interest rate
- The less you know about finance the better
- The soft or confrontational approach?
- Dealing with Wall Street
- CPF Life - Make it attractive
- Retrenchment benefit for Singaporeans giving up th...
- Promotion at i-Shop
- Insurance woes of stroke victim's daughter .
- A Theory of Justice - Joseph Stiglitz
- Deceptive and predatory practices
- Structure of a Life Insurance Policy
- Conversation with a Job Entrant
- Life insurance - past and present
- A fair deal
- Layout for a Book
- TKL apps on Apple App Store
- Jail for Corporate Crooks
- ▼ 10/24 - 10/31 (67)
- ► 2009 (1654)
- ► 2008 (2104)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)