Hi Mr Tan,
I will like to find out if insurance companies offer policies for babies that were born premature. I have a 8-months-old baby that was born premature, and has been certified by the doctor to be healthy. I tried to apply for policies from a certain insurance company. However, the company has rejected my application "after very careful consideration." How should I proceed to get insurance for my baby?
It is better for you to save in a low cost investment fund to accumulate savings for your child. It gives you a better yield over the long term. You can use the savings for various purposes. In the case of medical care, you can see if your baby can be accepted for medishield. If not, you can take the risk on your own. If there is any serious medical condition (which is probably unlikely), the child can still be treated in subsidised ward (B2) and the cost is quite affordable, and can be paid out of Medisave and personal savings.
Read my book, Practical Guide on Financial Planning (available at www.tankinlian.com/ishop)
- ► 2019 (1600)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
10/24 - 10/31
- I don't know what I am defending anymore
- Singapore General Election Portal 
- Keep server in full service
- Buy insurance that you really need
- Looking for a good life insurance policy?
- Don't combine protection needs
- Work on Saturday
- Server is now up
- Relative and absolute
- T-shirt for unemployed
- When Is Gambling an Addiction?
- Singapore is 17th most prosperous country: 1st or ...
- Both boon and bane
- Termination of Financial Adviser Reps
- Minister should set a good example on volunteerism...
- Employee training and the Internet
- Five levels of communication in a connected world
- My Money, Their Profits
- On Wall Street: All Reward, No Risk
- BT: Jittery developers go low-rise on confidence
- FISCA Talk - Invest for the Long Term ($10)
- Land banking and law firm
- Asking for my advice
- Unable to trust the agents
- Nourishing the poor
- Is Google a monopoly?
- Cheers to SDP
- Warren Buffett's Philosophy
- The Blind Girl
- Beware miracle cure claims
- Insurance for premature baby
- Should I continue my existing life policy?
- SDP needs your help to step up campaign
- $8 bypass operation
- Consumer needs advisers
- Minister's $8 bypass operation
- SM Goh and Term Insurance
- Goh Meng Seng and Election
- Issues for the general election
- What needs to be insured?
- More Singaporeans covered by health insurance
- Why mortgage insurance is so important
- Why insurers, agents may turn a deaf ear to SM Goh...
- Higher inflation and higher interest rate
- Getting Revenge Against Your Insurance Company
- Insurers' barriers to health protection
- Big banks and Europe
- Benchmark for deduction - life insurance policy
- Pain of higher interest rate
- The less you know about finance the better
- The soft or confrontational approach?
- Dealing with Wall Street
- CPF Life - Make it attractive
- Retrenchment benefit for Singaporeans giving up th...
- Promotion at i-Shop
- Insurance woes of stroke victim's daughter .
- A Theory of Justice - Joseph Stiglitz
- Deceptive and predatory practices
- Structure of a Life Insurance Policy
- Conversation with a Job Entrant
- Life insurance - past and present
- A fair deal
- Layout for a Book
- TKL apps on Apple App Store
- Jail for Corporate Crooks
- ▼ 10/24 - 10/31 (67)
- ► 2009 (1654)
- ► 2008 (2104)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)