During a wide-ranging interview with DailyFinance at AOL
headquarters in New York City this week, Stiglitz, who served as
chief economist of the World Bank from 1997-2000 and is currently
University Professor at Columbia University, explained how the
availability of cheap money (thanks in large measure to former Fed
Chairman Alan Greenspan), combined with outright mortgage fraud
and deceptive and predatory lending practices put millions of people
into homes they couldn't afford and caused real estate prices to
skyrocket. That created a bubble that would inevitably pop.
Deceptive and predatory practices are also found in Singapore. They
have to be addressed by the authority.
- ► 2020 (783)
- ► 2019 (1839)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
10/24 - 10/31
- I don't know what I am defending anymore
- Singapore General Election Portal 
- Keep server in full service
- Buy insurance that you really need
- Looking for a good life insurance policy?
- Don't combine protection needs
- Work on Saturday
- Server is now up
- Relative and absolute
- T-shirt for unemployed
- When Is Gambling an Addiction?
- Singapore is 17th most prosperous country: 1st or ...
- Both boon and bane
- Termination of Financial Adviser Reps
- Minister should set a good example on volunteerism
- Employee training and the Internet
- Five levels of communication in a connected world
- My Money, Their Profits
- On Wall Street: All Reward, No Risk
- BT: Jittery developers go low-rise on confidence
- FISCA Talk - Invest for the Long Term ($10)
- Land banking and law firm
- Asking for my advice
- Unable to trust the agents
- Nourishing the poor
- Is Google a monopoly?
- Cheers to SDP
- Warren Buffett's Philosophy
- The Blind Girl
- Beware miracle cure claims
- Insurance for premature baby
- Should I continue my existing life policy?
- SDP needs your help to step up campaign
- $8 bypass operation
- Consumer needs advisers
- Minister's $8 bypass operation
- SM Goh and Term Insurance
- Goh Meng Seng and Election
- Issues for the general election
- What needs to be insured?
- More Singaporeans covered by health insurance
- Why mortgage insurance is so important
- Why insurers, agents may turn a deaf ear to SM Goh...
- Higher inflation and higher interest rate
- Getting Revenge Against Your Insurance Company
- Insurers' barriers to health protection
- Big banks and Europe
- Benchmark for deduction - life insurance policy
- Pain of higher interest rate
- The less you know about finance the better
- The soft or confrontational approach?
- Dealing with Wall Street
- CPF Life - Make it attractive
- Retrenchment benefit for Singaporeans giving up th...
- Promotion at i-Shop
- Insurance woes of stroke victim's daughter .
- A Theory of Justice - Joseph Stiglitz
- Deceptive and predatory practices
- Structure of a Life Insurance Policy
- Conversation with a Job Entrant
- Life insurance - past and present
- A fair deal
- Layout for a Book
- TKL apps on Apple App Store
- Jail for Corporate Crooks
- ▼ 10/24 - 10/31 (67)
- ► 2009 (1654)
- ► 2008 (2104)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)