Friday, June 17, 2011

Spirit of Neutrality

I read this interesting point of view:
http://politicalwritings.wordpress.com/2011/06/16/the-spirit-of-neutrality/

I agree with the statement that the President should be "above politics". Let us be clear about what this term really means.

I have been asked a few times if I support any specific political party. My reply is "no". I believe in the values of  honesty, fairness, positive attitude, courage and public service and will use these values to guide me in deciding what is good for Singapore and for the people. I will actively promote these values and will be guided by these values in exercising the duties of the President, should if I should get elected into this office.

I believe that most people will know the difference between "being involved in politics" and exercising judgement based on a set of values and principles. I know that many people will want a President who is able to exercise his or her judgement independently of the Government or any political party. I will participate in the election to give them this choice.

Tan Kin Lian

1 comment:

May Rulers of the World Be Righteous said...

As an Elected President, would you be able to keep the State and the ruling partical party separate and not allowed "PAP is synonymous with Singapore" syndrome to take root among the younger generations?

Blog Archive