Friday, June 03, 2016

A sense of urgency

Dear Mr. Tan
I like what you said about replying immediately. I wish to share this experience with  you.

I ordered 1,000 sets of cards. After sorting out the cards two weeks later, I found that 150 pieces of two cards were missing. They must have been short delivered.

I asked my admin staff to check with the printers. She was reluctant to do so. She was afraid that the printer would disagree.  I told her - just give them a call and talk to them.

A few hours later, I asked her if she had called the printer. She replied that she had, and the other person need to check with her boss and would give a reply "later".

Why can't my staff send an email to inform me about this event, rather than keep me in the dark. It takes only 1 minute for her to update me with an email.

REPLY
I agree with you. We need to teach our admin staff to be better in their communication. With email, it is so easy to communicate, rather than keep the boss in the dark.

Quite often, if the other party did not call back, your admin staff would probably not follow up. It is better to communicate immediately, rather than wait for some definite answer.

We need to have a sense of urgency.

No comments:

Blog Archive