Saturday, October 27, 2018

What are the key issues in the Aljunied town council law suit?

I was confused with the issues of the Aljunied town council case as reported in the newspapers.

My friend followed the issues closely and summarised them as follows.

a) Aljunied town council appointed FMSS for one year without calling a tender due to urgency.
b) They called a tender on the second year but only FMSS applied. The other managing agents declined to tender.
c) The $33 million is the total managing agent fees for 3 years.

I calculate the monthly fee to be about $1 million, or $12 a unit assuming there are 80,000 units. If this is 20% higher than average, the overcharge could be $6 million. This is just my calculation.

Should the Aljunied office bearers be made accountable for spending more than expected?

Some calculations are based on my assumptions. I will be correcting them when I get the facts.

Another issue. The Aljunied MPs are paying the legal fees personally? Who are paying the legal fees for the plaintiff? If the residents are paying out of the town council funds, should they be asked to approve the appointment of the legal firm and their fees?

No comments:

Blog Archive