HERE IS AN E-MAIL THAT I RECEIVED RECENTLY
Hi Mr Tan,
I refer to your blog on the above topic.
I believe that the Structured Product that I bought from X Bank was not as good as described to us.
After reading your blog, I decided to come back to see what I have bought. To my horror, the worst case scenario is approximately 1.225% per annum over eight years and 1.58% over ten years.
This is way below the 6.5% per annum a normal investment-link product with NTUC income would be likely to yield.
When the product was introduced to us, the bank officer said that it was very likely for the product to be redeemed early. After 2 years, I really doubt that it will ever happen.
Is there any way out for us? With $20,000 invested, the value is now only $15,810. During the first year, we collected some interest, but I cannot remember the exact amount.
Please should I do? Can CASE help?
I will ask an expert to study this product.
I find it difficult to understand the design of most structured products, including this product.
My conclusion is that the financial expert working for the bank is able to design the product to give a good profit margin for the bank. This is usually done at the expense of the customer.
- ► 2013 (299)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
09/03 - 09/10
- Customer wish to make a gift to a grandchild
- I repaired my new car at quality workshop
- Advice on insurance
- Wait for a better time
- More about structured products
- Similar plan from NTUC Income likely to pay 16.9% ...
- Thank you for supporting our insurance advisers
- Can I get out of this structured product?
- Vehicle Breakdown Assistance Service
- FAQ: Are the projections realistic?
- Our premium rates can be up to 30% lower!
- Shop around for your motor premium rates
- Did you get a satisfactory return on your matured ...
- Tied arrangement is illegal in New Zealand
- Did you get a good deal on your financial product?...
- Customer comes to us after the first year
- Most stockmarkets went up 8% during 2 1/2 months
- Our Flexi Link offers the best deal in town
- What is a professional?
- More parents now buy Ideal plan for their child's ...
- Enjoy the wonderful free service of the National L...
- ▼ 09/03 - 09/10 (21)
- ► 2005 (159)