POSTING IN OUR INTERNAL FORUM
You have borrowed a book from the National Library. Due to lack of time, you decide to renew. You are told that a $0.50 fee per book is payable.
I feel the renewal should be free if it's a first one for the said book and there are no prior resevations by another.
The National Library is doing a wonderful service to offer so many books to be borrowed for free.
They have to meet their expenses. Now, they are imposing some user charges, such as renewing a book or a "fine" for returning the book late.
Going forward, I think that the library users (especially adults) should expect to pay a membership fee. It is good value for money.
In the meantime, when membership is free, let us accept the other user charges. We are still getting good value for money.
Tan Kin Lian
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
09/03 - 09/10
- Customer wish to make a gift to a grandchild
- I repaired my new car at quality workshop
- Advice on insurance
- Wait for a better time
- More about structured products
- Similar plan from NTUC Income likely to pay 16.9% ...
- Thank you for supporting our insurance advisers
- Can I get out of this structured product?
- Vehicle Breakdown Assistance Service
- FAQ: Are the projections realistic?
- Our premium rates can be up to 30% lower!
- Shop around for your motor premium rates
- Did you get a satisfactory return on your matured ...
- Tied arrangement is illegal in New Zealand
- Did you get a good deal on your financial product?...
- Customer comes to us after the first year
- Most stockmarkets went up 8% during 2 1/2 months
- Our Flexi Link offers the best deal in town
- What is a professional?
- More parents now buy Ideal plan for their child's ...
- Enjoy the wonderful free service of the National L...
- ▼ 09/03 - 09/10 (21)
- ► 2005 (159)