I stayed in Manchester for 4 days. I used the telephone in the hotel room to connect to the internet.
I was shocked to received a bill for GBP 220 for 4 days of stay. I asked why the cost is so high.
I was told that the telephone charge is GBP 0.75 for 1 minute by fixed line and GBP 2.50 for mobilephone. This is easily about 30 to 70 times of the charges in Singapore. Apparently, this is the public rate, i.e. not loaded by the hotel.
The hotel agreed to reduce the charge by 50%. It is a nice gesture, but the net sum is still very high.
It seems that the telephone charges are very expensive all over Europe. It must be due to the high tender prices that the telephone companies paid for the 3G network. This is probably a way to recover their large investment.
- ► 2013 (314)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
09/24 - 10/01
- Average of 1,100 visitors
- Basic courtesy to call back
- Some views on Income agents
- Invest in an indexed fund
- High telephone charges in England
- Customer for 30 years!
- Invest for the long term
- Top managers have strong cooperative values
- A lot of my sales is due to you
- Thanks for everything
- A job well done!
- Big shoe to fit
- Why does NTUC Income educate its customers about c...
- Commission on motor insurance in Europe
- Private Pension Plan
- Migrated agent done well
- Top insurance advisers earn well
- Next CEO will continue to take good care of consum...
- The next CEO will lead Income well
- 1,200 visitors to my blog
- Dare to be different
- I urge you to retire
- Air flight to Manchester
- Why the English love tea
- ▼ 09/24 - 10/01 (24)
- ► 2005 (159)