Someone asked for a joke about the actuary. Here it is:
... An actuary is a person who passes as an expert on the basis of his prolific ability to produce an infinite variety of incomprehensible figures calculated with micrometric precision from the vaguest of assumptions based on debatable evidence from inconclusive data derived by persons of doubtful reliability, for the sole purpose of confusing an already hopelessly befuddled group of persons who never read the statistics anyway.
Explanation: Some actuaries are highly thereotical and get carried away with numbers. I hope that most actuaries are practical, and are able to explain difficult concepts in simple terms.
- ► 2013 (348)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
01/27 - 02/03
- Helping Singaporeans cope with recession
- Keep your savings in your personal insurance polic...
- Invest on your own
- Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT)
- Tribute to Mohideen Gany
- Actuary joke: Feeling comfortable
- Joke: Criminal lawyer
- NTUC Growth Fund
- Selling profitable products
- Policy will soon be withdrawn
- Payment of claims
- CPF Medishield
- Global warming
- Actuary joke - Definition of an actuary?
- Exchange Traded Funds
- Quotation for Term Insurance
- Inflation and investment
- Avoid High Charges on your ILP
- Vitamin Account
- Insure large risks with low probability
- Housing loan on floating interest rate
- Medical insurance exclude "pre-existing conditions...
- Lawyer Joke
- Logic Quiz was great fun
- Insurance on a landed property
- ▼ 01/27 - 02/03 (26)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)