Thursday, January 31, 2008

Tribute to Mohideen Gany

My dear friend, Mohideen Gany, passed away peacefully this afternoon. He was among the top sales producers of NTUC Income during the initial years.

At that time, the commission paid on the sale of life insurance policies was extremely low (less than one fifth of the level today). He and several dedicated union officials worked hard during their spare time to promote the business of NTUC Income.

I have known Mohideen Gany as a very close friend for the past 30 years. I called him Anneh (elder brother).

I visited Mohideen Gany in hospital last week. I visited him in his home yesterday after his discharge. Although he was very sick and in pain, he was still alert and gave me a happy smile when he know of my visit.

I shall miss a great friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr Tan,
I can feel the warmth you have for a friend.

- Thomas Phua

Blog Archive