CPF MediShield is being revised. It will cover a wider range of treatment and cover an average of 80% of hospital bills (increased from the current 60%). The premium will be increased by an average of $10 a month.
For most people, CPF Medishield (after the revision) is better than the Shield plans offered by private insurers for the following reasons:
1. Saving of about 15% of premium in marketing expenses (incurred by private insurers).
2. Saving of about 15% to 25% in the profit margin of private insurers
The potential saving in insuring with CPF Medishield could be 30% to 40% for the same type of coverage.
As most of the medical expenses will be incurred when one gets old, and the cost is likely to escalate due to age and inflation, it is important to choose a cost effective medical insurance plan, such as Medishield.
- ► 2013 (315)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
01/27 - 02/03
- Helping Singaporeans cope with recession
- Keep your savings in your personal insurance polic...
- Invest on your own
- Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT)
- Tribute to Mohideen Gany
- Actuary joke: Feeling comfortable
- Joke: Criminal lawyer
- NTUC Growth Fund
- Selling profitable products
- Policy will soon be withdrawn
- Payment of claims
- CPF Medishield
- Global warming
- Actuary joke - Definition of an actuary?
- Exchange Traded Funds
- Quotation for Term Insurance
- Inflation and investment
- Avoid High Charges on your ILP
- Vitamin Account
- Insure large risks with low probability
- Housing loan on floating interest rate
- Medical insurance exclude "pre-existing conditions...
- Lawyer Joke
- Logic Quiz was great fun
- Insurance on a landed property
- ▼ 01/27 - 02/03 (26)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)