How can I dispute a case of where I am positive that the other vehicle was speeding. Do insurance company do investigation on the damages to ascertain the speed of the vehicle?
I was filtering left. Signalled, checked side mirror. After the last vehicle passed on the left, the next one is about 40m away (evidently from small headlight). I filtered and the next thing i know the car crashed onto my left wheel and everything around it. I understand that this case is not exactly favourable since I'm the one filtering.
The best way is to get an independent witness to testify that the other vehicle was speeding.
In most cases, the fault is determined by the party that caused the impact. If you knock into another car, you are likely to be liable.
For example, if the vehicle in front slowed down suddenly and you knocked into its back, you cannot claim that the accident was caused by that action. You should have kept a safe distance and be ready to stop on time.
- ► 2020 (777)
- ► 2019 (1839)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1654)
- ► 2008 (2104)
10/14 - 10/21
- Adequate coverage for critical illness
- Lee Kum Tatt's Blog
- Excessive charges
- Look after interest of consumers
- More capacity for public transport
- Advantages of public transport
- Spirit of Enterprise Award, 2007
- The economics of public transport
- New concept in town planning
- Adequate cover for critical illness
- Can legal issues be simplified?
- Nearly 50 years ago
- Disability income insurance
- Life in China, Singapore and America
- About Money
- Convert from Medishield to Incomeshield
- Investing tips for a young person
- Personal Rapid Transport - for the future
- Investing in an residential REIT
- Personal Rapid Transit - better than taxi
- How to invest $100,000
- Legal fee paid to Jonathan Lock
- Determine liability for an accident
- Personal Rapid Transit
- New Urbanism - a movement
- New Urbanism
- ▼ 10/14 - 10/21 (28)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)