Here are my views.
1. The public transport operators should be required to put more trains and buses, to reduce the waiting time and provide more comfortable rides (i.e. seats) for the commuters.
2. The existing fares allows them to increase the capacity and still make a good rate of return. Currently, they are making excessive profits at the expense of commuters.
3. We need a better system of feeder buses to bring people to the MRT stations or bus terminals.
4. More improving public transport, there will be less demand for private cars and less congestion on the roads.
I hope that the Public Transport Council will hear and act on this view, which has been expressed by many commuters.
- ► 2013 (348)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
10/14 - 10/21
- Adequate coverage for critical illness
- Lee Kum Tatt's Blog
- Excessive charges
- Look after interest of consumers
- More capacity for public transport
- Advantages of public transport
- Spirit of Enterprise Award, 2007
- The economics of public transport
- New concept in town planning
- Adequate cover for critical illness
- Can legal issues be simplified?
- Nearly 50 years ago
- Disability income insurance
- Life in China, Singapore and America
- About Money
- Convert from Medishield to Incomeshield
- Investing tips for a young person
- Personal Rapid Transport - for the future
- Investing in an residential REIT
- Personal Rapid Transit - better than taxi
- How to invest $100,000
- Legal fee paid to Jonathan Lock
- Determine liability for an accident
- Personal Rapid Transit
- New Urbanism - a movement
- New Urbanism
- ▼ 10/14 - 10/21 (28)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)