I have a new concept in town planning.
Each town comprise of 100,000 residents. It has the facilities, such as a schools, malls, medical facilities, restaurants, services, offices and workplaces.
Several clubs are available in the town. You can join a club to enjoy its sporting and social activies. You get to make more friends and get to know your neighbours.
The unique feature is that all transport within the town will be by elevated light rail transport. Adequate trains are provided, so that the waiting time is less. There are no internal roads. Private cars are not allowed.
People can work or cycle at ground levels, and sheltered. They can move by travelletors. Bicylces belong to the town and can be rented for hourly use.
The internal transport will take the residents to the MRT stations, bus terminus or car parks that are located at the fringe of the towns. Some people do not need to own cars, as they can rent a car for a day.
This concept allows a higher density of development. It may be possible to have 50% more usage of the land.
It can support a good quality of life. Children can move around the town, without the fear of being knocked down by traffic. They can study in a nearby school in the town.
The entire town is a real estate investment trust (REIT). Each resident owns units of the REIT and has the prioirty to rent an apartment at its market rate. The dividend from the REIT can be used to offset the rental.
If the owner wants to work in another town, it is easy to rent an apartment in that town, and reinvest in that REIT. They do not have to incur a high cost of selling an indivual property. It gives flexibility for people to change jobs and make a new life, with new friends, in another town.
This concept will encourage more people to work in their town. It will reduce traffic congestion on the main roads in Singapore that connect the various towns.
I hope to get more people to like this idea. It may be suitable for Singapore, due to our limited land.
- ► 2013 (310)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
10/14 - 10/21
- Adequate coverage for critical illness
- Lee Kum Tatt's Blog
- Excessive charges
- Look after interest of consumers
- More capacity for public transport
- Advantages of public transport
- Spirit of Enterprise Award, 2007
- The economics of public transport
- New concept in town planning
- Adequate cover for critical illness
- Can legal issues be simplified?
- Nearly 50 years ago
- Disability income insurance
- Life in China, Singapore and America
- About Money
- Convert from Medishield to Incomeshield
- Investing tips for a young person
- Personal Rapid Transport - for the future
- Investing in an residential REIT
- Personal Rapid Transit - better than taxi
- How to invest $100,000
- Legal fee paid to Jonathan Lock
- Determine liability for an accident
- Personal Rapid Transit
- New Urbanism - a movement
- New Urbanism
- ▼ 10/14 - 10/21 (28)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)