Public tranport is more convenient and efficient. A big bus can take many people. The passengers have the comfort of being driven to their destination. The buses can move around to carry passengers all the time.
Private cars are costly and congest the roads. They require parking spaces when they are not being used.
In many cities, due to inadequate attention to public transport, many people opted to buy a private car. More roads have to be built and they still get too congested. The parking spaces are insufficient. Life is inconvenient for everyone.
We need a bold approach. We have to make public transport more convenient and more comfortable. There should be sufficient buses and trains to offer shorter waiting times and a comfortable ride, including a seat.
To the country, there is more cost saving if more people take public transport.
Can our transport authority in Singapore take a bold step? Can we increase the capacity of our buses and trains two or three times (by more buses and trains operating at shorter intervals)? Can we offer a better choice for people to take public transport? Can we have convenient feeder services to support our trains and express buses?
People take planes for long distance travel. They can opt for first or businss class. They do not need to fly a private plane. We should offer this type of choice for our public transport as well.
- ► 2013 (303)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
10/14 - 10/21
- Adequate coverage for critical illness
- Lee Kum Tatt's Blog
- Excessive charges
- Look after interest of consumers
- More capacity for public transport
- Advantages of public transport
- Spirit of Enterprise Award, 2007
- The economics of public transport
- New concept in town planning
- Adequate cover for critical illness
- Can legal issues be simplified?
- Nearly 50 years ago
- Disability income insurance
- Life in China, Singapore and America
- About Money
- Convert from Medishield to Incomeshield
- Investing tips for a young person
- Personal Rapid Transport - for the future
- Investing in an residential REIT
- Personal Rapid Transit - better than taxi
- How to invest $100,000
- Legal fee paid to Jonathan Lock
- Determine liability for an accident
- Personal Rapid Transit
- New Urbanism - a movement
- New Urbanism
- ▼ 10/14 - 10/21 (28)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)