Friday, October 19, 2007

Advantages of public transport

I have been taking public transport (i.e. bus and train) for the past 6 months. Here are my experiences.

Advnantages of public transport:

1. Better than driving. No worry about congested roads or finding a parking space.
2. More economical. No need to pay expensive ERP and parking charges
3. More relaxing, especially if I can find a seat. If not, I can rest standing up.
4. Taxis are expensive, especially due to the peak hour and other surcharges.

What are the disadvantages of public transport?

1. Overcrowding.
2. Long waiting time.

Considering the advantages and disadvantages, my preference is still public transport.

5 comments:

Khiat Han Hwee Adrian said...

Without a car. A place so near may seems so far.

Eg, I stay in Pasir Ris. To go Ikea at the other end of Pasir Ris, I need to switch a bus. The frequency of bus is low. I may need to take more then half an hour to reach my destination.

With a car, it only take me 10 minutes max.

Anonymous said...

Without a car, you can take a cab. Minusing parking time, you may actually arrive there earlier.

Unknown said...

In my personal view, Singapore Taxi fare is too low, this result the difficulty to get a taxi when you need the service.

Unknown said...

I love to use public transportation service because it is very cheaper than our personal transportation services. And personally think,a public transportation provides personal mobility and freedom for people from every walk of life.
Best Moving Company Chicago

Unknown said...

This is really nice place to share our beneficial ideas of the public transportation system. First of all, I want to say, public transportation is a profitable because it saves our maximum money.

Cheap Car Hire

Blog Archive