Hi Mr Tan,
I've indeed learnt a lot about financial planning via your blog. Thank you very much for your valuable advice to all the readers.
Is it advisable to have critical illness coverage against the 30 major illness or is it more important to buy disability income insurance?
Unfortunately, most insurers do not provide disabilty income insurance on competitive terms.
So, you should buy a critical illness cover. I think that $50,000 is sufficient. The insurance agent will try to get you to buy more, especially a whole life policy.
Try to ask them to give you a critical illness policy that stops at 60. Beyond 60, you have sufficient savings (by saving through an investment fund, to take care of your medical needs.
Read the FAQ in my website, www.tankinlian.com/faq
- ► 2013 (302)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
10/14 - 10/21
- Adequate coverage for critical illness
- Lee Kum Tatt's Blog
- Excessive charges
- Look after interest of consumers
- More capacity for public transport
- Advantages of public transport
- Spirit of Enterprise Award, 2007
- The economics of public transport
- New concept in town planning
- Adequate cover for critical illness
- Can legal issues be simplified?
- Nearly 50 years ago
- Disability income insurance
- Life in China, Singapore and America
- About Money
- Convert from Medishield to Incomeshield
- Investing tips for a young person
- Personal Rapid Transport - for the future
- Investing in an residential REIT
- Personal Rapid Transit - better than taxi
- How to invest $100,000
- Legal fee paid to Jonathan Lock
- Determine liability for an accident
- Personal Rapid Transit
- New Urbanism - a movement
- New Urbanism
- ▼ 10/14 - 10/21 (28)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)