I had a lot of trouble in writing a cheque payable to the share registrar. I had to issue 4 separate cheques and mail them to the registrar. They were caused by minor mistakes on my part, but the banking system and the share registrar refused to be flexible.
The mistakes were:
Cheque 1: I write 15 cents in the "words" section instead of 50 cents.
Cheque 2: I write Lim + Associates intead of Lim Associates
Cheque 3: I overwrite the month 09 over 07
The amount of the cheque was only $270.50.
For these minor mistakes, the front line staff refused to accept the cheque or to call me to correct the mistake over the telephone. They were very firm in rejecting the cheque and asked to send a new cheque to replace it.
Nowadays, people can transact millions of dollars by a telephone call. Yet, our archaic banking practices refused to accept a minor mistake of less than $1 on a cheque. They act inflexibly, and disregard the expense and trouble to their customer.
If I find a bank that is willing to be flexible, they can get my business.
- ► 2019 (1445)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1654)
- ► 2008 (2104)
10/21 - 10/28
- Hassle in writing a cheque
- Registering my share certificate
- Protection under a ILP policy
- Unncessary trouble and expenses
- My first ride on LRT (Light Rail Transport)
- Question on Financial Advice from Indonesia
- Infinity Funds
- Negative return over 10 years?
- Avoid being judgemental
- Shower system for a hotel room
- Photos of Huangshan, China
- What makes a great school?
- Balance flexibility and security
- Low Cost Funds
- Life annuity or money market fund?
- Prompt and fair settlement of claims
- When should I sell?
- Excessive charge by bank on credit card
- Guarantee of 4% per annum?
- How to avoid over-insurance
- Letter from Lawyer Claiming for the Other Party
- Learning Powerpoint
- Search for information from the internet
- High cost of borrowing
- Tips on how to play Sudoku (Logic9)
- Individual Home Delivery
- Monthly withdrawals from Growth Combined Fund
- ▼ 10/21 - 10/28 (27)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)