The ERP (electronic road pricing) charges will be increased again.
It will cost $6.50 in ERP charges to drive from Ang Mo Kio to the city. That is a lot of money. You have to pay the high charges for parking your car as well. And it is no fun to drive in a congested road.
Taking a taxi is also expensive. You have to pay the taxi fare, a lot of surcharges, including the ERP charges.
What is the solution?
1. Learn to take public transport, like the bus or MRT
2. It is comfortable, even when it is crowded
3. It is relatively inexpensive.
4. Buy a ez-Link card and travel around Singapore. Use it on the MRT, bus or LRT. You will get familiar with the system.
5. Visit the Transit Link website and try the Bus Journey planner.
- ► 2013 (302)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
10/28 - 11/04
- Right time to buy a property?
- Excessive charges on ILP
- Cooperative Housing in North America
- Next Step for a NS Man
- Importance of low cost product
- Double coverage for medical insurance
- Give a fair return to the policyholder
- Free look period
- Journey on upper deck of bus
- A bus journey with a transfer
- BIGe from Aviva
- Unit Trust and ILP
- When to buy a Life Annuity?
- Increase in ERP charges
- Intra town travel
- Ride on Bukit Panjang LRT
- Views of Light Rail Transport
- Tips on Buying Insurance
- Invest in a large, well diversified, low cost equi...
- Easy and difficult way to handle a simple matter
- Lesson about structured products
- Vitamin Account
- What is 1 million dollars?
- Payout under Vitamin Account
- ▼ 10/28 - 11/04 (24)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)