I posted my experience on travelling on the Light Rail Transport (LRT) in Sengkang.
I received the following comments from other users:
1. The distance between LRT stops is longer than between bus stops
2. It is tiring to climb up and down the stairs to the LRT stations
3. The LRT service in Choa Chu Kang is inefficient and slow
4. It is expensive to travel by LRT.
I did some further research and found the following:
1. The average distance between LRT stops is about 0.65 km, compared to 0.4 km for bus stops. For more developed areas, the distrance is similar to bus stops.
2. LRT stations are provided with lifts and stairs.
3. The fare for LRT is about the same as for a feeder bus. It cost about 66 to 88 cents, depending on distance.
It is costly to build the infrastructure for the LRT system. We need to use it more fully. We need to get more people educated about using the LRT in the towns that are served by it.
- ► 2013 (299)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
10/28 - 11/04
- Right time to buy a property?
- Excessive charges on ILP
- Cooperative Housing in North America
- Next Step for a NS Man
- Importance of low cost product
- Double coverage for medical insurance
- Give a fair return to the policyholder
- Free look period
- Journey on upper deck of bus
- A bus journey with a transfer
- BIGe from Aviva
- Unit Trust and ILP
- When to buy a Life Annuity?
- Increase in ERP charges
- Intra town travel
- Ride on Bukit Panjang LRT
- Views of Light Rail Transport
- Tips on Buying Insurance
- Invest in a large, well diversified, low cost equi...
- Easy and difficult way to handle a simple matter
- Lesson about structured products
- Vitamin Account
- What is 1 million dollars?
- Payout under Vitamin Account
- ▼ 10/28 - 11/04 (24)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)