Dear Mr Tan :
I really enjoy reading your blog - it offers practical advise and alternate views which sometimes is so obvious. We are influenced by other people around us and does not see the alternative options.
I have been working in Singapore for about 15 years, and recently became a citizen. I have been renting a property and the rental will seen be increased sharply. I have about $500,000 in my CPF and liquid investments.
I am interested in buying a permanent home. What is your opinion in this matter? I do not qualify for a new HDB flat. Should I buy resale HBD?
I am not really familair with this matter. I wonder if it will help for you to visit HDB and talk to the officer there?
Generally, I think that HDB resale represents a good investment, as there is a large pool of people who are willing to sell, to move to another new HDB property. So, you should get a reasonable price.
Perhaps, if you talk to a property agent and get some quotes of what are available, you may be able to make a better decision. If you have some possible offers, you can ask me to help you make an analysis.
- ► 2013 (310)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
10/28 - 11/04
- Right time to buy a property?
- Excessive charges on ILP
- Cooperative Housing in North America
- Next Step for a NS Man
- Importance of low cost product
- Double coverage for medical insurance
- Give a fair return to the policyholder
- Free look period
- Journey on upper deck of bus
- A bus journey with a transfer
- BIGe from Aviva
- Unit Trust and ILP
- When to buy a Life Annuity?
- Increase in ERP charges
- Intra town travel
- Ride on Bukit Panjang LRT
- Views of Light Rail Transport
- Tips on Buying Insurance
- Invest in a large, well diversified, low cost equi...
- Easy and difficult way to handle a simple matter
- Lesson about structured products
- Vitamin Account
- What is 1 million dollars?
- Payout under Vitamin Account
- ▼ 10/28 - 11/04 (24)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)