Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Journey on upper deck of bus

I visited a friend at his office in Bedok. To home by MRT, I have to take the train from Bedok to City Hall and change to another train to Yio Chu Kang. From there, I can take a bus to my home. I expect the trains to be crowded, as it was 5 pm.

I search the public tranport guide and found that there is a bus service 25 from Bedok Interchange to Ang Mo Kio Interchange. From there, I could change to another bus to my home.

I had a pleasant ride from Bedok to Ang Mo Kio on a comfortable seat on the upper deck of the bus. I had a good view of Singapore. The bus was not crowded.

Lesson: It is now quite easy for me to move around Singapore on the public transport, with I carry the guide with me.

6 comments:

Khiat Han Hwee Adrian said...

Bus 25 is relatively fast except possibly some jam at Eunos and Ubi area.

btw, how long did you take to reach home from Bedok?

Anonymous said...

Should be "on a bus", not "on top of a bus".

Anonymous said...

The drawback is longer journey time using public transport. And if you use daily to go to work, there is a cumulative loss of time or sleep(have to wake up earlier). There are pros and cons so it depends on how you look at it.

Khiat Han Hwee Adrian said...

Sometimes, I wish I have a car esp when a place is so near yet seems so far and take so long to reach.

Sometimes, I love taking public transport. I can read, learn a few more songs for my karaoke sessions on the public transport or even take a nap for long distances.

hongjun said...

I think Singapore is getting more and more crowded. Wonder if Singapore can really take 6.5 million people.

hongjun

Anonymous said...

"Suggestion To Improve Bus' Travelling Speed

Lay black sensor strips (on the road) in all bus bays. They are to give signal to the immediate traffic lights when a bus is just about to exit the bus bay. Traffic lights to remain green when they receive signals.

It will greatly improve the travelling time by public buses. This is one possible advantage that public buses can have over private cars. We should use technology and traffic laws to give priority to public transport if we wish to see more people use public transport.

I hope I am right about the existence of the "black sensor strips". I'm not too sure."

This is the suggestion that I've sent to LTA. Hope that it will be useful.

Blog Archive