I cannot understand how come Aviva BIGe can guaranteed interest of 3.5% without sales charges and withdrawal fees wherelse not other institution can offer that. Is there any "catch" that I overlook on this product?
Aviva only guarantees 3.5% for 3 months. Thereafter, they have the right to reduce the interest rate (subject to a minimum of 2.5%).
Although they have to pay out 3.5%, they are able to invest in the stockmarket to earn a much higher return. They are taking some risk, but it can be covered by their risk capital.
I think that they probably invest a portion of their funds in the stockmarket to earn a higher return. This is also a good way for them to build up a base of customers for their other products. They only offer this facility on CPF savings, as the saving for most members are quite modest.
- ► 2013 (302)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
10/28 - 11/04
- Right time to buy a property?
- Excessive charges on ILP
- Cooperative Housing in North America
- Next Step for a NS Man
- Importance of low cost product
- Double coverage for medical insurance
- Give a fair return to the policyholder
- Free look period
- Journey on upper deck of bus
- A bus journey with a transfer
- BIGe from Aviva
- Unit Trust and ILP
- When to buy a Life Annuity?
- Increase in ERP charges
- Intra town travel
- Ride on Bukit Panjang LRT
- Views of Light Rail Transport
- Tips on Buying Insurance
- Invest in a large, well diversified, low cost equi...
- Easy and difficult way to handle a simple matter
- Lesson about structured products
- Vitamin Account
- What is 1 million dollars?
- Payout under Vitamin Account
- ▼ 10/28 - 11/04 (24)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)