Remember Buangkok station? The operator did not wish to open the station during the intial period, as there were not sufficient commuters. They estimated that it would cost $1 million a year to operate the station. Residents living around the station were furious to see the station closed. They put up a "white elephant" sign.
Is $1 million a lot of money? It is a lot of money, if we measure the time taken for a working person to earn this sum. It is quite little, for many people who paid several million dollars to buy an expensive apartment in town.
I recall this joke.
Someone asked, "God, what is one million years to you". God replied, "To me, it is like one second".
He asked again, "God, what is one trillion dollars to you?" God replied, "To me, it is like one cent".
He though of a great idea. He asked again, "God, can you send just one cent to me?".
There was a slight pause. Then, God replied, "Of course. In a second!".
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
10/28 - 11/04
- Right time to buy a property?
- Excessive charges on ILP
- Cooperative Housing in North America
- Next Step for a NS Man
- Importance of low cost product
- Double coverage for medical insurance
- Give a fair return to the policyholder
- Free look period
- Journey on upper deck of bus
- A bus journey with a transfer
- BIGe from Aviva
- Unit Trust and ILP
- When to buy a Life Annuity?
- Increase in ERP charges
- Intra town travel
- Ride on Bukit Panjang LRT
- Views of Light Rail Transport
- Tips on Buying Insurance
- Invest in a large, well diversified, low cost equi...
- Easy and difficult way to handle a simple matter
- Lesson about structured products
- Vitamin Account
- What is 1 million dollars?
- Payout under Vitamin Account
- ▼ 10/28 - 11/04 (24)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)