Dear Mr Tan,
After reading your blog for the past few months and comments posted by insurance agents, and based on my personal encounters with agents over the past years, I have come to the following conclusions (please correct me if I am wrong):
1. Insurance agents made a good fortune by earning high commissions on insurance policies
2. Many drive expensive cars and travel in style for overseas trips and holidays.
3. They oversell on critical illness and other insurance policies and push customers to buy big policies.
4. They push customers to buy the most expensive medical insurance (is it to earn a higher commission?)
5. The insurance policies give a poor return and locks up the customer for many years.
6. The scare us with horror stories of how people are devasted by prolonged sickness or death.
Are they behaving ethically?
You have described one category of insurance agents. They look after themselves at the expense of their customers.
There is another category of insurance agents who serve their customers well and look after the interest of their customers. They sell insurance products that give good value to the customers (compared to similar products sold in the market). They work very hard to earn a modest income.
You should select an ethical agents who can look after your interest.
- ► 2019 (1839)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1654)
- ► 2008 (2104)
12/16 - 12/23
- Different Types of Investment Funds
- A marketing tool
- Agent to source for quotes
- Invest for the long term
- Family Insurance
- Invest in Bonds
- Happy Holidays
- Top up your relatives CPF accounts
- How to make your CPF money work HARDER
- A new way to publish a book
- Reverse Mortgage
- Book on Logic Quiz
- Swan Lake at the Esplanade
- Investing in each other's products
- Term with critical illness cover
- Big writeoffs for sub-prime losses
- Horrified by shark attacks?
- Insurance agents who look after your interest
- Charges of an Investment Linked Plan (ILP)
- Innovative, animated, e-greeting card
- Living policy actively promoted in the past
- ILP and Unit Trust
- Promoting Swan Lake
- Visitors to my blog
- Buy Term Insurance Directly
- Pay less for your motor insurance
- Swan Lake - tell your friends
- Critical Illness Policy for $250,000
- Sudoku Workshop at Bishan
- SuperSIV Bailout Fund
- Flexi Link and CPF policies
- Logic Quiz A-8
- Taxi service in Singapore
- Light buses in Hong Kong
- CEO uses public transport
- How much to insure for critical illness?
- Money Market Fund
- Invest the year-end bonus
- Swan Lake - the story
- Investing in volatile market conditions
- Swan Lake, 20 - 23 December, Esplanade
- Renewal of motor insurance
- Forward Pricing of Unit Trust
- Buy Motor Insurance Directly
- Buy Term Insurance Directly
- Investment-linked plan with high distribution cost...
- NTUC Income's Money Market Fund
- Government Bonds
- Search my blog
- Logic Quiz A-7
- Logic Quizzes at my website
- Answers to 6J16, 6A19
- Good chance to win the Sudoku Challenge
- Bid and Offer prices of Unit Trust
- Sudoku Challenge 6 and 13 January 2008
- Sudoku (Logic9) workshop
- How long does it take to solve a Logic Quiz?
- Lower the cost of insurance
- Types of Liability
- Corporate governance and risk management
- Answer to J17, A17
- Use credit card to buy shares?
- Logic Quiz 6A-19
- Logic Quiz 6J-17
- ▼ 12/16 - 12/23 (65)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)