Here are the tips to pay less for your motor insurance.
1. Put a reminder in your diary two months before the expiry date of your motor insurance policy.
2. Get the following particulars of your motor car:
Particulars of car (model, engine capacity*, year of registration, market value*)
Particulars of owner (age, years of driving experience, occcupation)
Type of cover (comprehensive, third party only, third party with fire and theft)
No-claim discount for past year
Any claims during the current year?
Previous year's premium
* these data are optional and may not be asked by some insurers (as they can figure them out using your car model).
Normally, you ask for Comprehensive cover. If your car is too old, the insurer may offer Third Party cover only.
3. Get the hotline number of the top motor insurers, e.g. NTUC Income, AIG, AXA
4. Give a call to the hotline and ask for a quote. Ask them if you give you a discount for calling them directly. If they charge a higher premium than for your previous year, ask them why they are charging more. (They may give you a discount to attract your business).
5. If you are not sure about the quality of the claim service, call the claim hotline now (i.e. do not wait until you have an accident) and see if it is easy to get through and if the staff is polite and friendly.
6. Make your decision two weeks before expiry.
Here are the contact numbers of the insurance companies that are active in motor insurance. You can send a fax to them or call their hotline to ask for a quote for your motor insurance.
American Home (AIG), Tel No. 6419 1000 Fax No. 6835 7401http://www.aig.com.sg/
AXA Insurance, Tel: 6338 7288 Fax: 6338 2522 http://www.axa.com.sg/
China Insurance Tel: 6389 6111 Fax: 6222 1033 http://www.chinainsurance.com.sg/
HSBC Insurance, Tel: 6225 6111Fax : 6732 0743 http://www.hsbc.com.sg/
India International, Tel: 6347 6100 Fax: 6225 7743 6224 4174 http://www.iii.com.sg/
Mitsui Sumitomo, Tel: 6220 9644 Fax: 6225 6371 http://www.ms-ins.com.sg/
NTUC Income, Tel No. 6336 3322 Fax No. 6338 1500 http://www.income.com.sg/
Tenet Insurance, Tel: 6221 2211 Fax: 6221 3302 http://www.tenetinsurance.com/
Tokio Marine, Tel: 6221 6111 Fax: 6224 0895 http://www.tokiomarine.com.sg/
- ► 2019 (1600)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1654)
- ► 2008 (2104)
12/16 - 12/23
- Different Types of Investment Funds
- A marketing tool
- Agent to source for quotes
- Invest for the long term
- Family Insurance
- Invest in Bonds
- Happy Holidays
- Top up your relatives CPF accounts
- How to make your CPF money work HARDER
- A new way to publish a book
- Reverse Mortgage
- Book on Logic Quiz
- Swan Lake at the Esplanade
- Investing in each other's products
- Term with critical illness cover
- Big writeoffs for sub-prime losses
- Horrified by shark attacks?
- Insurance agents who look after your interest
- Charges of an Investment Linked Plan (ILP)
- Innovative, animated, e-greeting card
- Living policy actively promoted in the past
- ILP and Unit Trust
- Promoting Swan Lake
- Visitors to my blog
- Buy Term Insurance Directly
- Pay less for your motor insurance
- Swan Lake - tell your friends
- Critical Illness Policy for $250,000
- Sudoku Workshop at Bishan
- SuperSIV Bailout Fund
- Flexi Link and CPF policies
- Logic Quiz A-8
- Taxi service in Singapore
- Light buses in Hong Kong
- CEO uses public transport
- How much to insure for critical illness?
- Money Market Fund
- Invest the year-end bonus
- Swan Lake - the story
- Investing in volatile market conditions
- Swan Lake, 20 - 23 December, Esplanade
- Renewal of motor insurance
- Forward Pricing of Unit Trust
- Buy Motor Insurance Directly
- Buy Term Insurance Directly
- Investment-linked plan with high distribution cost...
- NTUC Income's Money Market Fund
- Government Bonds
- Search my blog
- Logic Quiz A-7
- Logic Quizzes at my website
- Answers to 6J16, 6A19
- Good chance to win the Sudoku Challenge
- Bid and Offer prices of Unit Trust
- Sudoku Challenge 6 and 13 January 2008
- Sudoku (Logic9) workshop
- How long does it take to solve a Logic Quiz?
- Lower the cost of insurance
- Types of Liability
- Corporate governance and risk management
- Answer to J17, A17
- Use credit card to buy shares?
- Logic Quiz 6A-19
- Logic Quiz 6J-17
- ▼ 12/16 - 12/23 (65)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)