Monday, December 17, 2007

Swan Lake, 20 - 23 December, Esplanade

The first classical music that I heard was Swan Lake by Peter Tsaikovsky. That was more than 50 years ago. I can still remember the magical tunes to this day.

You can now watch the performance of Swan Lake by the Singapore Dance Theatre during this week at the Esplanade. Swan Lake is considered to be the most well known ballet in the world. You must not miss it.

The story of Swan Lake revolves around a love story between a beautiful princess, Odette, and a prince, Siegfried. Odette is cursed to appear in the form of a swan in the day and can only revert to her human self at night. Siegfried, while fleeing his castle to escape an arranged marriage, chances upon Odette and falls in love with her.

Swan Lake relates the beautiful tale of their love and will mesmerize audiences with stunning sets and breath-taking choreography.

Tickets prices: $88, $68, $58, $48, and $38.

SPECIAL: Sweet Sixteen tickets at $16 per ticket (inclusive of $1 SISTIC fee) available to all full-time students and NSmen.

http://www.singaporedancetheatre.com/performance/swanlake.asp

2 comments:

Tan Kin Lian said...

Someone asked me if the $16 ticket is available to university undergraduates.

I checked. The answer is "yes". It is a good opportunity to bring your date to a great ballet. And it is so afforadable.

Anonymous said...

The tickets are expensive. I can save and buy a term plan for a year and feed my family when I am not around.

I think listening to the radio or watch TV or surf the internet for similar broadcast would be more economically.

At least I can buy term and invest the rest for more needy times ahead.

Blog Archive