Friday, April 11, 2008

Honest advice on existing policies

Mr. Tan
Thanks for the honest and objective comments on the types of insurance products. I guess the gist of your message is to get low cost insurance product and fund.

Like many of your readers, I have already bought quite a numbers of life insurance products for myself and children. Like many, I must confess that I was a bit dazed when my agent-cum-my-friend explaining to me all the details. Anyway, I bought them.

Over the years, from time to time, I would take out my insurance policies and trying to understand again what I'd bought. Well, you can call me naive.Now that, as one of your readers, I have a better understanding especially on certain products, mentioned in your posts, that I should not have invested. Thanks !

I think the next logical question is that should we terminate these policies. Yes, you had pointed your readers asking similar question to FAQ. But, I thoght, it would do us a lot better if you or anyone reading this post could come up an excel file avail for public use to help to assess if one should drop any particular policy bought, based on certain inputs mentioned in the insurance product. Just a suggestion!

REPLY
When the new life insurance company is able to provide low cost investment fund, it will offer a service to help existing policyholders to decide if they should keep or terminate their policies. It will be honest advice, given in the best interest of the consumer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

While other ntuc affiliates are chipping in to help with inflation
ntuc Income is worsening inflation with products with low bonus and high commission for their agents.
The new management cannot jump on the bandwagon of former ntuc to deceive the public.Honesty is bullshit.The word is misused and manipulated to make people think the new management is continuing the mission of the old
ntuc.
When new low cost products are available i will also switch.

Anonymous said...

I cancel my too.

Anonymous said...

Word of caution. Do not cancel your policy before taking up the new one. There is a tiny insurability risk involved.

Take up the new policy first, then wait for 3 months to cancel to old one.

May this new company be the cheapest in town! Look forward to it.

Blog Archive