Sunday, April 06, 2008

Keen interest in Wealth Accumulator

Hi Mr. Tan,
I follow your blog, and there's more and more story about ILP charges. Sadly, I also have ILP policy with this "P" insurance company. When I signed the policy, I thought that's the only insurance model I can have with some value return. As for term insurance, initially, I thought it's not good since the policy doesn't return any value at the end.

But, as I read your blog, I understand that "Buy Term and Invest the Rest" might be a better model. However. it's too late for me, as the ILP has been signed about 1.5 years ago, and as you already know, the cash value is so little at this time. As I will still be charged by premium cost for another 1-2 years (which might be around 50%), do you think I should surrender this policy now?

Since current ILP model mostly doesn't give proper benefit to customer, and only gives heavy benefit to insurance agent, why don't the government ban this insurance model? Or at least make some regulation for the size of the initial premium charge? Government has done similar to the Sales Charge of Unit Trust, which only allows 3% sales charge to the Unit Trust (if it's invested using CPF), which as expected, followed by the reduction of sales charge by almost all institution or bank.

I look forward to your "Wealth Accumulator" product. Hope it will be an "innovation" that will be followed by other insurance company to provide better benefit for customer. May I know how you will realize/market this product?


REPLY
If you are willing to cut loss, you can terminate the ILP policy now and save on the high charges for the next few years. I hope to get a new insurance company to offer the Wealth Accumulator product later in 2008.

Read this FAQ to learn about the Wealth Accumulator:
http://www.tankinlian.com/faq/low.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope it is better than the ID7 by NTUC and with a better qualified adviser.

Blog Archive