I read an interesting story in MyPaper entitled "Can't solve parking woes? Stack your car".
There is a mechanised parking system that can stack 8 to 16 cars on its platforms. It occupies the the parking space for 2 cars. 400 of these systems are used in Korea. It is being exported to other countries.
The Singapore distributor thinks that it is suitable for popular spots like Geylang, Holland Village and Demsey.
The Land Transport Authority has built a car park that can accomodate 142 cars at Club Street. Motorists drive their car to a platform and leave it there. A computer system directs the platform to stack the car in the right place.
We need to use mechanised systems for car parking, as space will become more expensive in the future.
- ► 2019 (1839)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1654)
04/06 - 04/13
- Avoid buying a private car
- High price of rice
- Are Bernanke's Hands Tied?
- STI Exchange Traded Fund- Liquidity
- Government bonds
- Honest advice on existing policies
- Bonuses under Life Insurance Policies
- Solve Parking Woes
- Contact a high level person
- Exchange Traded Fund
- Bonus projections of life insurance policies
- Armed robbery in Singapore
- Wider choice of cards for public transport
- Haphazard projections
- Large American Airlines
- Transfer of shares on death of shareholder
- Life and term insurance
- High yield in the past years will not be repeated
- Inadequate parking spaces
- Shortages and bubbles
- Timing the market
- Advice from a financial planner
- Single premium endowment
- Poll: local bus serivce
- Poll: Makeover at Orchard Road
- Read the small print
- Term Insurance with Cashback
- American Depository Receipt (ADR)
- CPF pays higher interest than treasury bills
- Income Tax Relief
- Products that are good for customers
- At the expense of customers
- More Trust & Faith in Our Younger Generation
- Customer Service in Singapore
- Terminate an existing policy?
- Being accessible to customers
- Immediate or deferred annuity
- Lyxor Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Future role of the intermediary
- Excellent Customer Service
- 5 year Single Premium Endowment
- Should MAS ban high cost products?
- High charges of ILP policy
- Keen interest in Wealth Accumulator
- Disappointing service at Business Center
- ▼ 04/06 - 04/13 (45)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)