Americans are outraged at the bonuses being paid to the top executives of AIG's financial products. Here are people who took big bets, lost and felt that they should be retained with fat bonuses to clean up the mess. The public felt that this is so unfair.
There was another past incidents were the Americans were outraged. President's Clinton's plane, Air Force One, was delayed in taking off, as the President was having his hair cut. The barber has to complete the job, get off the plane, before it could take off. This caused a delay in the departure of many flights. The public was outraged. They felt that it was inconsiderate of President Clinton to cause so much inconvenience to other people.
Our leaders in the corporate world and in government has to learn to respect the ordinary people, and be considerate to them. They should display a sense of humility and fairness. They cannot act arrogantly and regard the ordinary people as "lesser mortals".
- ► 2013 (302)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
03/22 - 03/29
- Survey: Ministers in the Prime Minister's Office
- Thought for the week - Anger
- Cheating and the rule of law
- MAS consultation paper: Unlisted investment produc...
- Survey: motor insurance claims
- Survey: News and information
- Bank adamant despite advice
- Sale of toxic products
- Language, literature and culture
- Proposal - Financial services safety board
- A sense of fairness
- ST Online: Don't break CPF piggy bank, but...
- MAS consultation paper - sale of unlisted investme...
- Buying bonds
- CASE forum on MAS consultation paper
- A better way to regulate housing agent
- Einstein Intelligence Quiz
- TKL Intelligence Quiz
- Earth Hour on Sat 28 March 8.30 pm
- Big increase for motor insurance claims - the reas...
- Urban Public Transport
- NTUC is less pro-society now
- Survey: How will you vote in the General Election ...
- How Can I Find Affordable Life Insurance For High ...
- Tutoring, temp work can pay off
- MAS Consultatation paper - simple insurance produc...
- MAS Consultation Paper - Toxic Investment Products...
- Survey: Politician Ratings
- AUD, NZD on way of recovery
- Proposal to solve the global crisis
- Buying a new HDB Flat
- Save money with a basic Medishield plan
- Fraud alert - insurance claim
- Financial planning for newborn
- Worse than being retrenched
- Goldman made billions shorting AIG
- SCMP:New bank rules should better protect customer...
- Singapore Equity Investments
- US Treasuries - the next bubble?
- Creating jobs in a global crisis
- ▼ 03/22 - 03/29 (40)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)