I REFER to the Ministry of Manpower's response last Saturday to readers' calls for earlier Central Provident Fund (CPF) withdrawal.
The response that it is not a good idea as breaking the piggy bank would lead to temptation to draw more and more from the CPF does not address the main point raised by readers.
What they ask for is not to break the piggy bank. But for members who already have funds above the Minimum Sum, why can't the CPF Board release the excess funds to those who are now struggling to live?
Why hold on to excess funds and make them wait till they reach 55, when they and their families are struggling now?
With the pain and stress these individuals and their families are going through, will they even make it to 80?
Tun Ah Heng
- ► 2013 (348)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
03/22 - 03/29
- Survey: Ministers in the Prime Minister's Office
- Thought for the week - Anger
- Cheating and the rule of law
- MAS consultation paper: Unlisted investment produc...
- Survey: motor insurance claims
- Survey: News and information
- Bank adamant despite advice
- Sale of toxic products
- Language, literature and culture
- Proposal - Financial services safety board
- A sense of fairness
- ST Online: Don't break CPF piggy bank, but...
- MAS consultation paper - sale of unlisted investme...
- Buying bonds
- CASE forum on MAS consultation paper
- A better way to regulate housing agent
- Einstein Intelligence Quiz
- TKL Intelligence Quiz
- Earth Hour on Sat 28 March 8.30 pm
- Big increase for motor insurance claims - the reas...
- Urban Public Transport
- NTUC is less pro-society now
- Survey: How will you vote in the General Election ...
- How Can I Find Affordable Life Insurance For High ...
- Tutoring, temp work can pay off
- MAS Consultatation paper - simple insurance produc...
- MAS Consultation Paper - Toxic Investment Products...
- Survey: Politician Ratings
- AUD, NZD on way of recovery
- Proposal to solve the global crisis
- Buying a new HDB Flat
- Save money with a basic Medishield plan
- Fraud alert - insurance claim
- Financial planning for newborn
- Worse than being retrenched
- Goldman made billions shorting AIG
- SCMP:New bank rules should better protect customer...
- Singapore Equity Investments
- US Treasuries - the next bubble?
- Creating jobs in a global crisis
- ▼ 03/22 - 03/29 (40)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)