CASE will be organising a public forum to gather feedback in response to the latest guidelines put up by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS).
The proposals were formulated based on MAS' review of the sale and marketing of unlisted investment products after the current global financial crisis led to the failure of several structured notes in Singapore. The public is invited to comment on the proposals to strengthen the regulation of the sale and marketing of unlisted financial investment products. CASE will then channel the responses to MAS.
Details for the forum are as follows:
Date: Saturday, 28 March 2009
Time: 10am - 12pm
Venue: NTUC Business Centre, Level 8, Theatre Room 801
1 Marina Boulevard, Singapore 018989
The forum will include a presentation on the paper and a Q & A discussion with a panel. Refreshments will also be provided.
For more information, please refer to the MAS website here and the consultation paper released here.
Interested parties are requested to RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 6467 9055 by 27 March 2009.
Lim Si Hui Jean (Ms.)
- ► 2013 (306)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
03/22 - 03/29
- Survey: Ministers in the Prime Minister's Office
- Thought for the week - Anger
- Cheating and the rule of law
- MAS consultation paper: Unlisted investment produc...
- Survey: motor insurance claims
- Survey: News and information
- Bank adamant despite advice
- Sale of toxic products
- Language, literature and culture
- Proposal - Financial services safety board
- A sense of fairness
- ST Online: Don't break CPF piggy bank, but...
- MAS consultation paper - sale of unlisted investme...
- Buying bonds
- CASE forum on MAS consultation paper
- A better way to regulate housing agent
- Einstein Intelligence Quiz
- TKL Intelligence Quiz
- Earth Hour on Sat 28 March 8.30 pm
- Big increase for motor insurance claims - the reas...
- Urban Public Transport
- NTUC is less pro-society now
- Survey: How will you vote in the General Election ...
- How Can I Find Affordable Life Insurance For High ...
- Tutoring, temp work can pay off
- MAS Consultatation paper - simple insurance produc...
- MAS Consultation Paper - Toxic Investment Products...
- Survey: Politician Ratings
- AUD, NZD on way of recovery
- Proposal to solve the global crisis
- Buying a new HDB Flat
- Save money with a basic Medishield plan
- Fraud alert - insurance claim
- Financial planning for newborn
- Worse than being retrenched
- Goldman made billions shorting AIG
- SCMP:New bank rules should better protect customer...
- Singapore Equity Investments
- US Treasuries - the next bubble?
- Creating jobs in a global crisis
- ▼ 03/22 - 03/29 (40)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)