Many people look forward to the early recovery of the global economy. There was hope that the stimulus packages in USA, China and other countries would be able to spur this recovery. The bad employment report in USA for June was a big disappointment. It caused a big drop in the stockmarkets.
Several economists said that the situation will continue to be bad for a long time. If more people lose their jobs, they will cut their spending. This will cause more jobs to be lost. It is a downward spiral. I share this view.
For the global economy to recover, it is necessary that many jobs be created and that people are sure that they can find a job, even if it is at a minimum wage, as long as they are willing to work. They also need a way to defer the repayment of their debt until they find a better paying job. My suggestion is set out in this article.
I hope that the governments in some countries will adopt this idea, and other governments will follow, if the idea proves to be workable.
Tan Kin Lian
- ► 2020 (250)
- ► 2019 (1839)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
06/28 - 07/05
- Mis-representation on Credit Linked Notes
- Can you solve these 4 shapes?
- Checks and balances
- ATE (After The Event) Insurance
- Credit cards availabe in Singapore as at 15 May 20...
- Fixed deposit interest rate as at 15 May 2009
- Is this negligence?
- Local Transport Service
- Create jobs to help recovery of Global Economy
- SCAM: A bounced cheque
- Request for another Petition to MAS
- Show of support?
- The Standard:New deal to settle minibond buyback
- Was there an attempt to cheat?
- Gathering at Speaker's Corner in August (3)
- Best use for electric car
- Invest in Singapore Government Securities
- What is cheating?
- Politics of Fear
- Australia: List the names of underlying securities...
- Best fixed deposit rates
- SCMP:Minibond victims try to storm bank in protest...
- MRT train lines to come under a single operator
- Cheating and negligence
- Vista Plan (from Zurich)
- Administration of Justice (2)
- Gathering in Speakers Corner
- Compensation should not solely be based on vulnera...
- SCMP:Policy chief expects march to reflect increas...
- Buying a property - facilities
- Administration of Justice (1)
- Brain Workout in The New Paper (weekend)
- The Standard:Banks, SFC meet to thrash out Lehman ...
- Rally in Hong Lim Park
- Excessive credit card charges
- Call for Free Money Advice Scheme
- NTUC Income AGM, May 2009
- Tweak ATMs to do away with cheques
- Comments in my blog
- Insurance company has a duty to render a clear sta...
- ▼ 06/28 - 07/05 (40)
- ► 2008 (2104)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)