Contributed by DareToAct
When looking at an investment, most people think only about the upside. Very few consider the downside.
Most think about what they can do with the profits (potential). "Upgrade car", "vacation", "kids education!". Seldom they think of whether they can stomach the downside. And when the market disappoints and mark-to-market losses get bigger, they start to lose sleep and fear begins to build up. Long term investment view suddenly shortens and investors suddenly realize they are more risk averse than they belief themselves to be. They sell their investments and realize the losses.
They stay away from investing in the stockmarket until the next bull run, when their friends and families good fortune nudge them back into the market.
- ► 2013 (304)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
10/10 - 10/17
- Third party motor insurance
- Time to buy a property?
- Drop in sale of private properties
- Taking a bus - SG Bus Timing
- Excessive charges
- Google Driverless Car
- Banks banned from selling credit insurance
- Gmail and multiple inboxes
- Currency linked investments - AVOID
- Ask Mr. Tan
- Huge profits of life insurance companies
- Half truths about Life Insurance (3)
- Preparing for the General Election
- Donate to philantrophy
- How to produce billionaires
- Client sues private banker
- General Election Issues
- Is insurance good or bad?
- FISCA Talk on Financial Planning
- Increase in premium for Private Shield
- Branding and Trust (2)
- Hong Kong Suspends Property From Residency Plan
- US housing crisis
- Easy to buy, hard to claim
- Singapore President
- GIC IPO - Global Logistics Property
- Reasonable charge for incidental service
- Information about shares
- Swimming Team at Commonwealth Games
- Too big to fail?
- The Sleep Test
- Shield claim - change of insurer
- HOTA vs HIPA
- Restructure the Global Economy - a comment
- Unaffordable housing
- Cruise ships and sampans
- Case study - to invest or wait?
- Globalization - benefits and harms
- Rebranding and trust
- Fake insurance policy
- Benefit illustration
- Rejected claim under Private Shield Plan
- ▼ 10/10 - 10/17 (42)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)